Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Secret Life of Mages

You may have noticed I haven't updated in a while. This is not an accident. You see, before I was resurrected I was pretty seclusive, only coming out of Karazahn when someone needed some official guardian business. Even when I came back during the Third War, I may have addressed several people, but I never got directly involved. (That was the point, after all... if Azeroth doesn't need guardians, then my getting involved would defeat the purpose.) I had started thinking that perhaps my affinity for the shadow of secrecy was due to the influence of Sargeras, and so I started reaching out a bit more... getting a Twitter account and starting an online journal and so forth. I have recently realized, however, that there was a reason no one really thought it was entirely odd that a mage such as myself locked himself away in his tower for so long. Mages always do that. Mages have secrets. Their mysterious ways are directly related to the danger involved in their studies. A single misspoken word of power could bring down a well-built castle wall.

I have, therefore, decided to step back only slightly from my mainstream activity on the Internet. Only slightly, I reiterate. Because if I accidentally let out the incantation for a spell that destroys an entire city I would never forgive myself. It would undo all I have done to repay for my past actions. I will, however, release clues to my activities that the learned among you will be able to pick up on. They will be hidden in cryptic messages, journal entries and tweets that only the wisest and most worthy of my followers will be able to decipher. And they will often lead to some sort of pay-off.

When I have a story to tell, I will tell it. When I have a recipe to share, I will share it. But in keeping with the time-honored traditions of mages everywhere, my arcane activities will remain veiled in secrecy. Good luck to those who wish to follow in my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment