Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Alternatives

There is a reason I made my home atop the convergence of all the ley lines of Azeroth and a reason (other than keeping my secret) that I refused to leave when Arcanagos insisted I evacuate. Karazhan is a channel for immence power. From there there is nothing I cannot do. But it took my absence to inspire a new tennent to do something truly amazing with the potential of my tower's construction. Malchazaar has opened up all realities to himself using the energy from Karazhan and I have used this to explore new ways to deal with our old friend: the Lich King.

The first reality I visited saw Arthas Menethil as a noble prince of Lordaeron and a valiant force for Good. When tempted by the power of Frostmourne, in stead of giving in, he destroyed the relic and vanquished the Lich King. He then sat beside his father, the king, by the throne of Lordaeron. The Forsaken were never established and Sylvanas Windrunner remained a ranger and maintained a close relationship with Menethil all through the Third War.

But with their primary weapon gone, the Burning Legion did not stop. They took what undead forces they had and swept through Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas with the help of none other than Illidan Stormrage. They took advantage of his lust for power and his love for Tyrande Whisperwind. They kidnapped the latter and offered endless amounts of the former.

To make a long story short, Lordaeron still fell along with both Arthas and Sylvanas. All of this alternative Azeroth has fallen into destuction at the hands of Illidan on behalf of the Legion but for a small contingency of druids lead by Illidan's brother, Malfurion. This is not a better alternative, therefore the past should not be changed in this manner.

But most importantly, what I learned from this reality is that only one thing can defeat the Lich King, wether it is at the hands of an alternative Arthas or by the hands of another great hero destroying Arthas... that is Good. Good will always prevail over the Evil represented by that dark armor and long, white hair. So maybe those Druids have some hope after all.

My Curator is glitching again. Luckily the mechanic I hired taught me how to fix him myself or else just owning this thing would cost a fortune. Be right back to tell the tale of another Alternate Azeroth.

No comments:

Post a Comment