Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Blue Dragon part 1

Sit down to read this tale, for it may frighten and it may spurn, but my presence here writing this gives you hope that there is a happy ending.

As you may know, I was exploring the Borean Tundra before my last communication through Twitter. It's a dismal place mostly filled with ugly behemoths and rotting scourge. The only native land that seemed to be worth studying was the Tuskarr city, though it had little to do with our end goals. The Tuskarr were in combat with a peculiar type of Vrykul who travel and can be seen only within a mysterious mist. As I was studying the Tuskarr race and this struggle they were finding themselves in, I was attacked by a large amount of these Kvaldir Vrykul and was forced to retaliate with a variety of spells that I had ready.

Defeating the mob was easy, and as soon as they were all finished I transformed into a raven to escape. I decided to take a break from my studies and explore the far west of the Tundra. And that's when it got interesting.

I did not make it farther than Valiance Keep before I caught in the corner of my eye a large floating disk with a human atop and what seemed a small pet - a dog. I did not get a good look at them, for as soon as I realized they were there, they had trapped me in a box.

I know what you're thinking. I am the great Medivh! The Last Guardian of Tirisfal, former vessel of Sargaras and hybrid Eternal! Surely I cannot be held by a mere box! This is exactly what I thought, too. Then I realized it was not a mere box. It took me a while to discover the nature of this box. It was an arcane cell meant to hold mages and keep them from using their magic. Still, it was not beyond my power. Once I realized the type of box this was, it was a matter of merely concentrating an arcane focus on a single point - the weakest point - of the box. Once I had that I drew more and more power from within and from without. The great force of the arcane flowed through me like it had not in ages! And then I realized... this was all too easy.

The box opened in an explosion of energy and I found myself surrounded by more of the same type of human I saw flying on the large disk. These were mage hunters - I was sure of it now. And among them were dragonkin of the Blue Dragonflight. I fought them off as they came after me. I believed it would not be as easy as it was with the Kvaldir, but for some reason magic came even more easily to me in this area than anywhere else in Azeroth.... except...

If I was right, there was a fount of unfathomable power nearby. One to which I could reach out and access with the ease that I had at my own home: Karazhan.

I was soon to find out what that fount was. No sooner had I defeated the enemies surrounding me than I had attracted the attention of Saragosa herself, guardian and consort to Malygos, the Spell-Weaver and Dragon Aspect of Magic. She flew down and swept me up off the ground. At first I struggled, but she had a firm grip and I did not wish to harm her and bring down the wrath of Malygos. I also needed more information, and it would not do to destroy the source of that information.

"What is the meaning of this!?" I demanded of my captor as we flew to lands unknown.

She did not answer at first. I suspected she heard me, but wished to deny me my answers.

I thought maybe she didn't know who she hand in her claws. "I am Medivh! Last Guardian of Tirisfal and opener of the Dark Portal!"

"I know who you are," she thundered, "My love wishes to see you."

This is the last thing I wanted to hear. Last I knew, Malygos, her love, had it out for all magic users. And I, being one of the most formidable wielders of the arcane on Azeroth, would be high on his list of people to destroy. Especially since the use of my body by Sargaras was responsible for bringing war and the Burning Legion to Azeroth in the First War.

We finally landed. And I saw the face of Malygos. And after I was cast into an anti-arcane field, that is the last thing I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment